Thank you for your interest in working with me to save your memories!
Please read through these most frequently asked questions on my process.
I’d love to preserve my wedding bouquet with you, how soon after an event do you need the flowers?
The best way to ensure that your flowers are taken care of is to make plan for delivering them to me ahead of time.
If your wedding has recently taken place and your flowers are still in good condition, it is always worth emailing me to see if we can arrange a last-minute order. But if you are reading this before your wedding, please order ASAP to secure your spot.
Why Eight Acorns?
How long will my preserved bouquet last?
As long as you treat the framed bouquet carefully, it should last for a very long time.
UV-filtering art glass in my frames protects your flowers from harsh light that usually causes fading. However, because I don't color treat flowers or add any chemicals to them it's possible that over the years, you may see some slight fading or color change. Flowers should remain intact. I recommend that you hang the frame out of the direct sunlight and avoid moisture.
What will the flowers look like after preservation?
Do you offer 3D (air dried) preservation in resin?
How long will my order take?
How can I ship the flowers to you? If I'm local to Boston, can I drop them off at your studio?
Unfortunately, I don't allow studio visits / drop-offs at this time.
Yes, I accept orders from customers nationwide. Please send your flowers to me using Priority or Overnight Express shipping so I can receive them in good fresh condition.
1. Find a box the right size to fit your bouquet.
2. Screw up newspaper pages and stuff them around the edges of the box to hold it securely in place. Do not use any bubble wrap or it might make your flowers sweat.
3. Trim stems at the bottom with sharp knife or scissors (about an inch) then wet some kitchen paper towels and fold them up around the BOTTOM of the stems.
4. Put a sandwich bag around the paper towel and the bottom of the stems. This will stop the water from leaking all over the rest of your box.
Use an elastic band to secure the plastic bag in place.
5. Put the bouquet carefully in the middle of the box. It should fit quite snugly and not move around too much. Put some more newspaper if your bouquet is too wobbly.
6. Pack some more newspaper very loosely around the sides and top of the bouquet.
7. Print out your email confirmation with the order number and include in the box.
8. Seal the box closed with tape and write "Fragile Fresh Flowers".
9. Take the flowers to the Post office and ship to me Priority or better, overnight express.
10. Our Shipping Address:
Local pick up:
For customers ordering slabs or pressed flower frames - I'm able to pick up your bouquet within 20 miles of Greater Boston free of charge. Please schedule your appointments ahead of time to reserve your date/time. We will contact you to confirm availability and agree on public location. (No home visits)
In person pick ups are offered only for wedding/funeral/any special occasion flowers, for customers ordering large slabs or pressed flower frames.
Please note, a minimum advance reservation time is 48 hours.
No show customers will not be refunded their deposits.
I strongly encourage to book your pick-up appointments in advance as last minute availably is not guaranteed.
Please book following Monday if your wedding/event was over the weekend.
How can I order this?
Can I order a bouquet pick-up now and then decide what product to order later?
Absolutely! Contact me directly or inquire using this form - Preservation Inquiry.
PLEASE NOTE: This type of order requires non-refundable $150 deposit to book your spot.
Can I include my wedding invitation?
Yes, wedding invitation can be included in a pressed flower frame. Please bring it with you to the bouquet drop off meeting or send it along with the rest of the flowers.
Do you have an option for different style frames?
Yes, if you'd like a specific style frame it can be custom ordered for your bouquet. Reach out to discuss your preferred the size/ material, color and I'll do my best to accommodate your wish.