FAQ & TERMS
Thank you for your interest in working with me to save your memories!
Please read through these most frequently asked questions on my process.
I’d love to preserve my wedding bouquet with you, how soon after an event do you need the flowers?
The best way to ensure that your flowers are taken care of is to make plan for delivering them to me ahead of time.
If your wedding has recently taken place and your flowers are still in good condition, it is always worth emailing me to see if we can arrange a last-minute order. But if you are reading this before your wedding, please order ASAP to secure your spot.
Why Eight Acorns Floral Preservation?
How long will my preserved bouquet last?
As long as you treat the framed bouquet carefully, it should last for a very long time.
UV-filtering art glass in my frames protects your flowers from harsh light that usually causes fading. However, because I don't color treat flowers or add any chemicals to them it's possible that over the years, you may see normal fading or color change. Flowers should remain intact.
What will the flowers look like after preservation?
Do you offer 3D (air dried) preservation in resin?
How long will my order take?
How can I ship the flowers to you? If I'm local to Boston, can I drop them off at your studio?
Unfortunately, I don't allow studio visits / drop-offs at this time.
Yes, I accept orders from customers nationwide. Please send your flowers to me using Priority or Overnight Express shipping so I can receive them in good fresh condition.
1. Find a box the right size to fit your bouquet.
2. Screw up newspaper pages and stuff them around the edges of the box to hold it securely in place. Do not use any bubble wrap or it might make your flowers sweat.
3. Trim stems at the bottom with sharp knife or scissors (about an inch) then wet some kitchen paper towels and fold them up around the BOTTOM of the stems.
4. Put a sandwich bag around the paper towel and the bottom of the stems. This will stop the water from leaking all over the rest of your box.
Use an elastic band to secure the plastic bag in place.
5. Put the bouquet carefully in the middle of the box. It should fit quite snugly and not move around too much. Put some more newspaper if your bouquet is too wobbly.
6. Pack some more newspaper very loosely around the sides and top of the bouquet.
7. Print out your email confirmation with the order number and include in the box.
8. Seal the box closed with tape and write "Fragile Fresh Flowers".
9. Take the flowers to the Post office and ship to me Priority or better, overnight express.
10. Our Shipping Address:
Local pick up:
For customers ordering slabs or pressed flower frames - I'm able to pick up your bouquet within 20 miles of Greater Boston free of charge. Please schedule your appointments ahead of time to reserve your date/time. We will contact you to confirm availability and agree on public location. (No home visits)
In person pick ups are offered only for wedding/funeral/any special occasion flowers, for customers ordering large slabs or pressed flower frames.
Please note, a minimum advance reservation time is 48 hours.
No show customers will not be refunded their deposits.
I strongly encourage to book your pick-up appointments in advance as last minute availably is not guaranteed.
Please book following Monday if your wedding/event was over the weekend.
How can I order this?
Can I order a bouquet pick-up now and then decide what product to order later?
Absolutely! Contact me directly or inquire using this form - Preservation Inquiry.
PLEASE NOTE: This type of order requires non-refundable $200 deposit to book your spot.
How and when do I pay for my order?
We offer two options:
- You can pre-pay in full by choosing example products from my store. Please make sure to enter your correct shipping address in this case.
- You can put down a deposit and pay the rest after your flowers have been dried. All customers get contacted with the final invoice prior to framing or casting, that will include your original deposit, sales tax, shipping fee and all/if any additional items you chose to order. Prompt payment means we can move on with the order right away. If we have to chase customers for payment, we have to delay the completion of the order. All final invoices are set up to be bank transfers only.
Can I include my wedding invitation/charms/engraving?
Yes, wedding invitation can be included in a pressed flower frame. Please bring it with you to the bouquet drop off meeting or send it along with the rest of the flowers.
We can encapsulate small charms only in resin blocks.
Yes, we offer engraving!
Do you have an option for different style frames?
Yes, if you'd like a specific style frame it can be custom ordered for your bouquet. Reach out to discuss your preferred the size/ material, color and I'll do my best to accommodate your wish.
Do you have order minimums?
No, I do not require you to have an order minimum. There's a $200 deposit fee that goes towards the order total. If your custom commission is less than that, your deposit will be partially reimbursed.
Do you return the leftover flowers back to me?
We don't typically send back unused flowers, but it could be done upon request. Please only provide the flowers you want us to preserve, as we toss away the rest. If you have shipped your entire bouquet and only want to order small necklace it is an unrealistic expectation to think that we will process your entire bouquet and send it back. Most of the flowers dry in the deconstructed way and we will assemble only what's required for your frame or slab.
Do you provide photo mock-ups of the dried flower placement for our approval?
I do not provide mock-ups and reserve the right to create your floral arrangement with full artistic liberties. You can be sure your flowers are in the good hands! There are a lot of factors that go into why flowers are placed where they are in the composition including size, color, shape, height, imperfections etc. I appreciate your trust in my esthetics and experience to design the best dried flower arrangement for you.
You have a chance to describe your desired layout and all details during the booking process on the intake form. Please be as specific as possible, I read and take all notes into account when designing each custom piece.
I want to order this service for a friend/family member.
You absolutely can!
- A pre-paid gift card.
- Fill out the booking form on their behalf and leave your contact information as a person responsible for billing. I'll reach out to both parties.
Do you offer payment instalments?
Currently I do not offer payment instalments. The full payment is due before your framing/casting and is non-refundable.
Not all of my flowers ended up in the slab/pressed frame, where's the rest?
The size of the frame or a slab you order will determine how much flowers from your bouquet we can use.
Typically, we preserve about 90% of the bouquet, however if customer ordered our smaller frames or slab, we would only use the best-looking flowers that will fit. We do not store the rest.
Please reach out to us for a brief consultation, if you're not sure what is the best option for your particular bouquet. We often advise on the correct size frame or slab according to the number of flowers we have, however because of the price difference, we also respect each customer's budget.
Please note, we cannot include certain elements of your bouquet into the pressed flower frames:
- Yellow billy buttons
- Globe thistle
- King proteas
- Big tropical flowers/leaves
- Artificial, silk or wooden flowers
- Pinecones/ acorns
- Succulents/ cactus
- Fruits or vegetables
- Cotton twigs, branches
- Seed pods
We always advise on the 3D preservation option for these types of bouquets.